This recipe is simple yet effective. You need good quality meat for Beef Carpaccio as it is served raw, but only a small amount per person which makes it rather cost effective.
It may seem strange freezing a decent fillet of beef, but it will make the slicing process so much easier and prevent the meat from falling apart.
- Beef Fillet
- Rocket (handful)
- Parmesan (shavings)
- Truffle Oil (drizzle)
- Put the beef fillet in the freezer until frozen.
- Once the beef is frozen, carefully, use a very sharp knife (or meat slicer) and slice pieces of beef as thinly as possible. (You want the slices almost opaque and they will defrost almost instantly)
- Place a single layer of beef slices on a plate.
- Create a small mound of rocket leaves in the centre of your plate.
- Drizzle with Truffle Oil (not too much, truffle oil can be very strong)
- Season and decorate with Parmesan shavings.