This recipe was taught to me by a previous boat owner whilst I was working onboard his yacht as the chef. Him and his family absolutely loved it and it soon became a favourite amongst the crew too! It is so easy, you marinate, grill and assemble, that’s it!
Steak Tagliata (Steak Salad)
- 2 Steak
- Tomatoes (2 handfuls, any types)
- 4 tbsp O Oil
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Garlic Clove (large)
- Fresh Parsley (handful)
- 2 tbsp Capers (for toms)
- 1 R Chilli (for steak)
- Chop tomatoes however you would like and put them in a bowl to the side.
- Blitz/ roughly chop all your ingredients listed up to capers.
- Divide oil mixture in two and add chilli to one and the capers to the other.
- Marinate steak in chilli oil until needed.
- Marinate tomatoes in caper oil and leave covered at room temperature until needed.
- 10mins prior to eating, heat grill, bring the steak up to room temp and cook steak to your liking, take off the heat, cover and allow meat to rest.
- On a large serving platter, create a bed of rocket and scatter the tomatoes on top
- Cut steak into slithers and place on top of salad.
- Use juices as a dressing, not too much, you just want the rocket to have a slight glisten.
- Top with Parmesan shavings.