You don’t need sunshine to taste those BBQ flavours!
Spicy Pork Ribs
These tasty Spicy Pork Ribs are great for adding some flavour and variety to your BBQ spread.
- 1.5kg Pork Ribs
- 2tbsp Muscavado Sugar (brown sugar will work too)
- 2tbsp Soy Sauce
- Ginger (thumb size)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2tbsp Agave (or honey)
- 2 Chillies
- 1 Onion (small)
- 2tbsp O Oil
- 2tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- Heat Oven 180℃ (Gas mark 4)
- Place Ribs on a wire rack in a deep baking tray
- Blitz all the ingredients above and pour over the ribs (using gloves massage the marinade in and for a more intense flavour marinade over night if you prefer)
- Boil the kettle and pour a little bit of water into the bottom of the tray (1cm or so)- the water steams the ribs slightly to stop them drying out!
- Cover the the ribs tightly and pop in the oven
- Cook for 45mins or until done (80℃ internal temp)
- Lastly just to give them that charred, smokey, taste and look, either whack them under a hot grill or on top of a hot griddle pan or BBQ for a couple of minutes either side, making sure to brush them with that remaining marinade from the bottom of the baking tray
- Take them off, cover and leave them to rest for a few minutes and then, enjoy!