This super soup is full of big flavours. It is incredibly healthy and will knock any hint of a cold right out of you!
Egg Drop Soup
If you're feeling under the weather then give this a go... Make it super spicy and sweat it out. It will make you feel human again almost instantly!
- 2.5L Chicken Stock
- 1 Whole Garlic Bulb
- 3 Thumbs Ginger
- 2 Chillies
- 5 Spring Onions
- 3 Handfuls of Spinach
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- Take a small piece of ginger (1 thumb), cut into matchstick sizes and leave to the side.
- Take 1 spring onion, slice and leave aside
- Take half a chilli, slice and leave aside
- Whack all remaining ingredients (stop at spinach) as they are (skins and all) into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, bring down to a simmer for as long as you wish- the longer it simmers, the more intense the flavours become. If you want it more spicy add more chilli or ginger, a stronger taste of garlic then add more garlic, adjust it according to how you like it.
- When you are happy with the flavours take the pot of the heat and strain the soup into another pot.
- Add your sliced ginger, spinach, spring onion pieces and chilli slices to the soup.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the soup, straining them through a sieve or fork in order to create a ribbon effect. The egg will cook instantly in the hot liquid.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy, feeling proud that something so delicious is also going to kick that immune system back into action!!