One of my guests showed me this recipe having been to the local market picking up the freshest figs. Crew, kids and adults loved it! Serve it as a starter or a canapé.
- 12 Figs
- 6 Prosciutto Slices
- 100g Blue Cheese
- Honey for drizzling
- Turn Grill on and line a baking tray with tin foil
- Cut prosciutto in half lengthways to give you 12 thinner slices
- Place figs on their bottoms and slice from the tip of the fig down to the middle of the fig one way, turn the fig 90 degrees and slice again from the tip of the fig down to the middle. This should create a cross formation.
- Lie a now thinner slice of prosciutto vertically in front of you, place a fig horizontally at the bottom of the prosciutto and roll the fig up towards the top, wrapping the fig in the prosciutto as you go
- Put the fig on the baking tray on its bottom
- Take a small piece of blue cheese and stuff inside the fig
- Drizzle honey over the top
- Grill figs until cheese has melted
This recipe sounds complicated but once you’ve done the first fig the rest will be easy. This can be served as a starter or a canapé!