This recipe is a great way of filling the stomachs of a very hungry crew whilst keeping the ingredients light and healthy!
Bulgur Wheat Risotto
You can use any veg you like in this recipe, even shredded chicken or pancetta bits if you fancy a bit of meat...
- 1 cup (300g) Bulgur Wheat
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- Handful of Kale chopped
- 2 Celery diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 2 Onions diced
- 1 Broccoli chopped
- 1 Courgette diced
- 2.5 cups (roughly) Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- White Wine splash
- 2tbsp Cream Cheese
- Pecorino grated
- Prep the ingredients and fry in olive oil garlic, celery, onions, carrot, courgette and broccoli on a high heat until al-dente.
- Add bulgur wheat, kale and a little white wine to the mix and cook off for a minute or so
- Pour stock over until just covering all ingredients
- Leave to simmer for 10mins or until bulgur wheat and veg have cooked. Add a little water if necessary to keep the mixture a risotto like consistency
- Stir in cream cheese
- Take off the heat, add fresh herbs and sweetcorn
- Stir the pot well and serve with a sprinkle of pecorino to top it off!