If you’ve got some pork steaks sitting about and don’t know what to do with them, this delicious recipe will turn them into everything you’re craving!
Mustard and Capers Braised Pork Steaks
- 4x 140g-175g Pork Steaks
- Flour for dusting
- 1 Onion sliced
- 175ml Red Wine
- 4tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4tsp Capers
- 200ml Beef Stock
- 1tbsp Creme Fresh
- Fresh Parsley small handful
- Heat oven 180℃
- Snip the fat of the pork steak and dust them either side with a little flour
- Heat a little oil and brown steaks on both sides. Remove to oven proof dish.
- Add onions and oregano to the same pan used for the pork and cook until softened
- Add red wine, turn the heat up, bubble for a minute or so then turn down
- Add mustard
- Add capers
- Add stock, boil
- Pour saucepan of goodness over the pork in the oven proof dish.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 1hr 30mins 11.Just before serving swirl in some creme fresh and add some parsley
This is great served with mash to soak up that delicious sauce!