Any non-oily fish, left whole, covered in salt, whacked in the oven… how easy is that! It looks impressive and is so juicy, tasty and healthy!!!
Salt Baked Fish
- 2 Sea Bream (Left Whole, Gutted, Keep Scales On)
- 2kg Salt
- 150ml Water
- 1 Lemon sliced
- Heat oven 180℃
- Put lemon slices inside the fish with seasoning
- Put salt in a bowl and pour over the water
- Work the water through the salt with your hands until it has a snow like texture to it
- Put half the salt mixture on the bottom of a baking tray making a dip for each fish
- Nestle the fish in the dip and cover with the leftover salt
- Pat the salt around the fish encasing it
- Whack the salt covered fish in the oven for 30mins (or until cooked through, best way to test is using a metal skewer poke through the thickest part of the fish, leave for 5 secs, pull out skewer and place on your bottom lip. If the skewer is warm the fish is cooked all the way through)
- Using the back of a spoon tap on the salt casing
- The salt casing should crack and then fall off easily
- Your fish will be so deliciously juicy and falling off the bone!
Why not serve this with an Aioli or a delicious Caper and Herb Dressing!