Working at sea we regularly have fishermen approaching the boat with their freshest catch… If you aren’t confident with fish then this is a very basic, simple recipe which works with most flat fish and comprises of very few ingredients. It’s simple, yummy and healthy!
- Flat Fish whole (gutted and descaled)
- 2 Lemons Sliced
- 6 Pepper Corns
- Half Fennel Bulb Sliced
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Fennel (any other fresh herbs can be added)
- White Wine drizzle
- Olive Oil drizzled
- You want a whole fish which has been gutted and descaled
- Heat the oven 200℃
- Heat frying pan and fry the lemon slices either side until charred (not necessary but they look great and this process allows the lemons juices to release more easily)
- Stuff the fish with the fresh fennel, fennel slices, lemon slices and pepper corns
- Season the fish and drizzle over a little olive oil and white wine
- Wrap the fish in tin foil and leave it to bake in the oven until cooked!
(Roughly 15mins per 1/2kilo of fish plus an additional 15mins)