Octopus Salad was a really popular dish whilst sailing round Croatia. It’s so light and refreshing, full of flavour and texture! Serve with a side of warm crusty bread to help mop up all the lovely juices!
- 1 Octopus Whole
- Bay Leaf, 5 Pepper Corns, 3 Celery Sticks, 1 Carrot (For Stock)
- Handful of Black Olives
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Handful of Tomatoes
- Swig of Olive Oil
- 2tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Put all stock ingredients in a large Pot along with some salt for seasoning and a cork
- Add the Octopus to the pot and pour in water until the octopus is just covered
- Bring the pot to a boil and then simmer the Ocotpus for 30mins
- Take the pot off of the heat and leave the Octopus in the stock for a further 20mins
- Chop up all your ingredients including the Octopus and combine
- Dress with a swig of Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar
- Season to taste!