If you have the time make your own very simple tomato sauce! Honestly, it can bring so much flavour, colour and freshness to a basic dish!
Side Note: Pasta is actually quite straight forward to make… equal parts flour to eggs i.e 2 eggs, 200g flour. You can use a magimix to bring the two together and then allow the pasta dough to rest for 2 hours in the fridge. It will keep for up to 4 days and once you’re ready to use it, just roll it out and go ahead!
Basic Tomato Sauce
Freshly made Tomato Sauce is very simple and tastes incredible. It is important to use fresh ingredients and a high quality olive oil. Having the sauce fresh brings a plain pasta dish alive!
- 10 Large Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin High Quality Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Boil the kettle
- Slice a small cross on the top of each tomato
- Place tomatoes in a bowl and pour over hot water
- Boil tomatoes as they are in the hot water for around 5mins
- Using tongs, take out the tomatoes and place into ice cold water
- The tomato skins will split where you previously made a cross
- Peel the tomatoes and blitz
- Strain tomatoes through a sieve and discard the seeds
- Add some freshly chopped basil, salt and pepper and a swirl of really good extra virgin olive oil
- Serve with fresh pasta and a grating of fresh pecorino or parmesan… INSANELY GOOD!