Classic Roast Chicken is a great go to!! You can serve it with all the trimmings of a delicious roast dinner or have it on the side with some great summer salads!
Classic Roast Chicks
- Whole Chicken
- Olive Oil
- 2tbsp Butter
- Splash of White Wine
- Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 Garlic Cloves Diced
- 1 Chicken or Veg Stock Cube
- Pre-heat oven 180℃
- Bring Chicken up to room temperature and place on a roasting tray. (If you have a wire wrack which you can place the chicken on and can place in the tray then use this too but it isn’t necessary)
- Pour over 1/2 a cup or so of white wine and a drizzle of olive oil
- Grab your butter and rub into and a little under the skin of the bird
- Sprinkle over dried herbs and chopped garlic. Season being fairly generous with the salt help get a crispy skin.
- Boil the kettle and dissolve the stock cube in enough water so that there is 1/2 an inch or so in the bottom of the roast tray (this is to prevent the chicken from drying out and great for gravy)
- Cover the bird with tin foil and whack in the oven for 1.5hrs (for the last 30mins uncover the bird to help the skin get nice and crispy.
- Take the chicken out of the oven checking the internal temp- 70℃
- Cover in tin foil and wrap in a tea towel and allow the chicken to rest for 15-20mins.
- Done! Serve with some lovely roast veg or colourful salads!