Crispy Duck Pancakes
I’ve read so many different ways to do this all of which seem to be very complicated and require a lot of attention to detail, this method is idiot proof!!! The crew were very appreciated to have a takeaway favourite!
- 4 Duck Legs
- 1/2 Pint Soy Sauce
- 6 Star Anise
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 4tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Place Duck Legs into a pot with soy sauce, star anise and garlic
- Pour water into the pot until the legs are just covered
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to as low as possible and put a lid on.
- Leave the Duck Legs on a low simmer for 2hrs 30mins
- Remove Duck Legs from the pot and place on a lined baking tray
- Heat oven 200℃
- Brush Duck Legs with Hoisin Sauce and whack them into the oven for 20mins for the skin to crisp up
- Take the Duck Legs out of the oven and using a fork, shred away!