Steak Tartar is an impressive dish. It requires good quality beef and a little care in presentation, the rest is simple!
- 2 Good Quality Beef Fillet Steaks Finely Diced
- 1 Shallot Finely Diced
- 1 Small Handful of Cornichons Finely Sliced
- 1/2 Red Chilli Finely Diced
- 2tbsp Tommy K
- 1 Small Handful of Baby Capers
- 4tsp of Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 1 Very Small Handful of Fresh Parsley and Chives Finely Chopped
- Splash of Brandy
- 4 Egg Yolks
- Prep all ingredients neatly and combine excluding the egg yolks
- Mould the beef tartar using a burger patty ring (this mix creates 4, there will be some juices left over, pour these left over juices over the tartar)
- Put an Egg Yolk on top of each Steak Tartar, season and serve immediately – you can decorate with any leftover herbs or cornichions.